RHHS Students Dismissed Early After Bomb Threat
ROCKY HILL - Students at Rocky Hill High School were dismissed early Monday after police informed administration that a bomb threat had been made by a student at the school.
In a letter to parents, Superintendent of Schools Mark Zito said, “While the actual likelihood of danger is minimal, the situation is taken very seriously by both the police department and school district officials.”
After students were dismissed at 11:50 a.m., police conducted a full sweep of the building with bomb sniffing dogs. In an updated letter to parents, Zito said at 3 p.m. the search was complete and police determined “the building is safe and that students and staff were never in danger.”
Students returned to classes on their normal schedule Tuesday.
Zito commended staff and students at the school “for an orderly dismissal, which enabled the police to do their work effectively,” as well as the “outstanding efforts of our local police department,” and extended thanks to the East Hartford and Hartford police departments, “who provided additional support and assistance with [Monday’s] situation.”
Police could not immediately be reached for comment on whether the student will face charges.